THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
- Your protected health information (i.e., individually identifiable information, such as names dates, phone/fax numbers, email addresses, home addresses, social security numbers and demographic data) may be used or disclosed by us in one or more of the following respects;
- To other health care providers (i.e., your general dentist, oral surgeon, etc.) in connection with our rendering orthodontic treatment to you (i.e., to determine the result of cleanings, surgery, etc.);
- To third party payers or spouses (i.e., insurance companies, employers with direct reimbursement, administrators of flexible spending accounts, etc.) in order to obtain payment of your account (i.e., to determine benefits, dates of payment, etc.);
- To certifying, licensing and accrediting bodies (i.e., the American Board of Orthodontics, state dental boards, etc.) in connection with obtaining certification licensure or accreditation;
- Internally, to all staff members who have any role in your treatment.
- To other patients and third parties who may see or overhear incidental disclosures about your treatment, scheduling, etc.;
- To your family and close friends involved in your treatment; and/or
- We may contact you to provide appointment reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses or disclosures of your protected health information will be made only after obtaining your written authorization, which you have the right to revoke.
Under the new privacy rules, you have the right to:
- Request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information;
- Request confidential communication of your protected health information;
- Inspect and obtain copies of your protected health information through asking us;
- Amend or modify your protected health information in certain circumstances;
- Receive an accounting of certain disclosures made by us of your protected health information; and,
- You may, without risk of retaliation, file a complaint as to any violation by us of your privacy rights with us (by submitting inquiries to our Privacy Contact Person at our office address) or the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services, which must be filed within 180 days of the violation.
We have the following duties under the privacy rules:
This privacy notice is effective as of the date of your signature. If you have any questions about the information in this Notice, please ask for our Privacy Contact Person or direct your questions to this person at our office address. Thank you.
This Authorization is required by the privacy regulations recently promulgated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Your protected health information, including individually identifiable information, such as names, dates, phone/fax numbers, email addresses, home addresses, social security numbers, demographic data, photographs, x-rays, study models, and health history forms will be used or disclosed for the purpose of: Lectures/presentations; Research; Teaching purposes; Board Certification
The following people will disclose this information: the staff and doctor
The information will be disclosed to the following people entities: the staff and doctor, dental/orthodontic board
You have the right to revoke this Authorization at any time in writing. However, your revocation will not be effective to the extent that this Authorization has been relied on. If your treatment will be used for research purposes, we may condition your treatment on obtaining the Authorization, in which case you may not receive treatment.
I hereby acknowledge that I have reviewed a copy of this Privacy Notice and the information used or disclosed per this Privacy Authorization may be subject to re-disclosure by the recipient(s), and this, no longer protected by the privacy rules.